Sunday, December 11, 2005

Brother... Can You Spare A Job?

Ha, ha... just joking! Well, sort of... I mean, I am looking for a new job for next year, but I'm not really looking to go around bugging you, the loyal Veersite reader, for a job.

Not yet, at least!

I am, however, looking for a challenge and a change for next year. Sometimes its easy to get complacent and get into a rut... each year blurring into the next until you look in the mirror one day and there's a tired, old face staring back at you whispering, "the Horror... the Horror..."

Wait, that was Colonel Kurtz from "Apocolypse Now." Sorry.

How about, "Where the hell did all the time go?" Yeah, that's more like it.

Well, don't worry - I'm not that guy. I hope I never will be, either. What I am is a coach looking for a team that wants to run the option and work the short to medium range passing game. I want to be in the thick of it, working hard and making a difference. I would rather not move - again- but I've got to face facts and be real; we're a small football team with a lot of good coaches and I'm running a bit low in the seniority department. And I'll be 40 my next birthday.

Nuff Said.

It could be worse... at least I've still got (most of) my hair.

If you know of a team that is looking for a motivated option coach, please drop me a line at coach.steve.smith@gmail.com . I would like to remain in the Southeastern US, but I'm not ruling anything out at this point. The last time I checked, a regulation field was 53 & 1/3 yards by 120... no matter where you put it.

Have a good one,

Coach Smith

Before:

After:


No comments: