Monday, March 30, 2009

All Good Things Must Come To An End

APRIL FOOLS!!!!!!! 

Well, I knew this day would come.

Since starting Veersite back in 2004, I’ve watched the site change slowly from an introductory option site of sorts into something more wide-ranging and (slightly) more sophisticated.  What started as a means for me to learn as much as possible about the split back veer option eventually became a hub to share option information with many coaches across the U.S. and in some instances, around the globe.

Football itself is changing, too.  Once a “three yards and a cloud of dust” game, it is now an exciting and ever-evolving means to score points.  And as I’ve evolved from a 2 back set option coach to a 1 back set coach, the time has come for me to make another leap into the next level of option football.

It is with a heavy heart I must announce that as of Tuesday of this week, www.veersite.com will no longer exist.  It’s been a good run, and I’ve made a lot of friends along the way.  But the days where a coach could get by simply running the ball are fast coming to an end, and I don’t want to be the “last dinosaur standing.”

So while, Veersite and the simple triple option may begin to lapse into the pages of football history, I want to introduce you to the next phase of football…

 

The No-Back Shotgun Option Site!!!

 

Beginning Tuesday, I will post info on this new and exciting step in the evolution of the option.  I don’t want to go too far into it, but I will give you advance few a peek or two of what you can expect to see in the coming weeks.

The Zero Technique Option --  Yes, your QB can learn the option in a single practice session!

How to read the noseguard for a foolproof Shotgun option TD every time!

For a small investment of several installments of $350, you as a coach can invest in your career’s future with my set of DVD’s and computer installation program.  Spring Ball has never been so fun… or EASY!!!

Turn the old West Coast Offense into your new Gulf Coast Offense as you seamlessly combine the Mesh, Y Choice, Y Stick, Y Cross, Sail, Flood, Dig, and Tomahawk Cruise Missle passing routes with Speed Option, Lead Option, Triple Option, Counter Option, Freeze Option, Boiled Option, Gumbo Option, Breaded Option…  all from the shotgun in only minutes a day!  Your practices will be so short your wife will think you’ve lost your mind!

Breaking down film will become a thing of the past.  Our system is so flexible and adaptable that you wont even need to practice against an actual defense – all adjustments are included on our handy gameday playsheet. 

 

Okay, I’ve done it – I’ve given away too much!  But as you will soon see, scoop blocks, the QB-Center exchange, and double digit scoreboards are about to become a thing of the past!  It’s time to get in the Gun and air-it-out…  and have an unstoppable running game to boot (we’ve gotta give those Boosters something to bitch about, lol!)

 

Veersite is dead…  but

The Multi-Gun Opton Air Raid Offense

is about to arrive!

 

 APRIL FOOLS!!!!!!! 

Coach Smith

4 comments:

Coach P said...

Coach, you sure did get me on that one. I was ready to look elsewhere for my flexbone fix.

My name is James Pale, and I am from Sacramento, California. It's a pleasure to read your articles!!

Anonymous said...

I almost deleted Veersite off my Bookmarks page, good one coach!

Coach Pixley said...

I was thinking that you were about to get fired by thinking the air is the way to go!!! It is....in the form of a pitch!

Brian Manning said...

Ha ha ha, nice, just saw this now, hilarious.